Before we create the films and screens for your screen printing order, or the digitizing files for your embroidery order, we need to put your design in our computers.
Most of the time, you can send us the artwork file that you have on your computer via email. Below we list the various file formats that we accept as well as some guidelines to make sure you're sending the highest quality file possible to get the best quality printing.
If you can supply your artwork in any of our preferred formats, there are NO art charges! :)
Preferred File Formats:
VECTOR ARTWORK (Preferred #1)
- Adobe Illustrator CS or earlier (.AI, EPS, etc)
- CorelDraw Version X3 or earlier (.CDR)\
- Adobe Acrobat (.PDF)
- Other vector formats may be acceptable. Please call us to check.
NOTE: Please make sure all text is converted to paths, curves, or outlines, or that all font files used in the artwork are also supplied.
Please make sure all placed raster images are either embedded in the vector file or included along with the vector file when you send it to us.
Raster images (like distressed/vintage effects) are often linked to a location on your hard drive by default and will not be present in the actual vector file when sent.
RASTER ARTWORK in HIGH RESOLUTION(Preferred #2):
- Adobe Photoshop version CS or earlier (.TIF, .BMP. .GIF, .JPG, .PSD, .EPS, .PNG)
- Other raster formats may be acceptable. Please call to check.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All raster/bitmap artwork should be 300 DPI at the size you want it printed. Graphics pulled from the web at screen resolution (72 DPI) do not work well for high quality printing.
HAND DRAWN ARTWORK, LOW RESOLUTION FILES, or "IDEAS" (non preferred):
The following artwork formats require art charges of $50 per hour:
- We can work from your design "idea" and have our art department put together an original design to use for your business, event, band, etc. We can also accept hand drawn artwork sent through the mail, providing it is black and white. Pencil drawings with shading do not scan well. We usually scan these hand drawn images into our computers at a high resolution to get them "print ready". We send you a proof via email before we print any graphics.
- If you have a low resolution file, business card, or web graphic, our art department can usually redraw the image into a higher resolution vector file to get it print ready. Again, we always send you a proof of the finished design for you to approve before we ever print your job.
- Please note: that we can only begin working "non preferred" artwork once we have your screen printing or embroidery order in our system. All "non preferred" artwork must be accompanied by a printing order. Otherwise, a $50 per hour art charge will be incurred. Art charge will be credited to the order once placed. Once you place your order, our art department will contact you with proofs for your job via email. You will have access by phone and email should you have any questions or revisions.